Hello and welcome!
We’re really excited to show you how to set up, administer and integrate several open-source media tools over the month and a half, including the web conferencing software Jitsi Meet, the streaming tool Owncast, the video cloud platform PeerTube, and the web radio software Azuracast!
Where do I find stuff?
- Sessions will take place each week at https://watch.reclaimed.tech/open-media-ecosystem
- Asynchronous conversations with other participants will happen in the #open-media-ecosystem Discord channel throughout the week
- Weekly posts will be released in Discord and on reclaimed.tech (oh hey, you’re already here!)
- Azuracast – December 8th, 2pm ET
- Jitsi – December 15th, 10am ET
- Owncast – December 22nd, 10am ET
- Peertube – January 5th, 10am ET
- Pulling it all together – January 12th, 10am ET
Your Computing Environment
We will be using Reclaim Cloud to run these tools, as well as give us all a standardized computing environment to work from. This will also allow us to do things like map a domain, and set up HTTPS.
If you have a Reclaim Cloud account already, you are all set. If you do not have a Reclaim Cloud account already, sign up at reclaim.cloud/signup with a .edu address. If you prefer to sign up with an email address that doesn’t end in .edu, you can instead sign up at reclaim.cloud/private-signup and enter the code reclaim4life.
I hope to see you all around in the Discord, and see you for the first session!