Hello and welcome!
We’re really excited to take you through the open-source blog/newsletter platform Ghost over the next three weeks! Here is some stuff you’ll need to know, and things you’ll need to do to get ready!
Where do I find stuff?
- Sessions will take place each week at watch.reclaimed.tech/ghost
- Q&A time will happen at the end of each week in the #hangout-voice channel in Discord
- Asynchronous conversations with other participants will happen in the #ghost-newsletters Discord channel throughout the week
- Weekly posts will be released in Discord and on reclaimed.tech (oh hey, you’re already here!)
This flex course will have weekly video releases each Wednesday (November 2nd, 9th,and the 16th) at 11 AM ET. We will also have Q&A time in Discord on Friday, November 11th and the 18th, at 12 PM ET.
Here’s our topic list:
- Session 1: What is Ghost? (and getting it installed)
- Session 2: Using Ghost & Writing Your Newsletter
- Session 3: Mailgun and Email Setup
Your Computing Environment
We will be using Reclaim Cloud to run Ghost, as well as give us all a standardized computing environment to work from. This will also allow us to do things like map a domain, and set up HTTPS.
If you have a Reclaim Cloud account already, you are all set. If you do not have a Reclaim Cloud account already, sign up at reclaim.cloud/signup with a .edu address. If you prefer to sign up with an email address that doesn’t end in .edu, you can instead sign up at reclaim.cloud/private-signup and enter the code reclaim4life.
I hope to see you all around in the Discord, and see you for the first session this Wednesday!